A high-quality leather that has a full fine-grained burnishable look. It’s thick, supple and extremely strong with an antique effect that will keep your look sleek and sophisticated.
An oily pull-up leather that immediately offers a 2-tone effect and will age throughout wear resulting in an antique worn-in appearance. Scratch marks included.
Hi-shine fine-grained calf with a brush-off finish that gives an elegant and timeless look.
A buffed grain leather that’s super soft and makes for a comfortable upper. This finish has slight creasing with a subtly aged appearance.
This top-quality leather is sourced to create a luxurious finished shoe. Emu printed leather is characterized by its unique appearance derived from the follicle patterns and a very distinct full-grain buffalo printed effect, making it beautiful in appearance and durable enough to withstand a lifetime of use.
A high valued leather that’s soft with a small fine grain appearance. The full aniline makes it appear natural and smooth while the glazing allows a glossy hi-shine finish providing you with a sleek look.
A semi-aniline finish allows a natural look with a full fine grain attribute. Particularly valuable because of its softness and fine grain, as well as durability.
The aniline leather is the most natural-looking leather type that showcases the natural marks and characteristics visible from the animal’s life. The skin displays a lighter pull-up color while maintaining the feel of a waxy drag. Sandiego is sourced from a high-quality hide selection that is chrome-tanned making it ideal for the manufacture of casual shoes. It’s water-resistant and with wear, the leather develops a naturally weathered patina which warrants its quality and durability.
A corrected grain leather was developed specifically to produce a smooth finished leather. This leather undergoes a lengthy tanning process that ensures the end product is durable and has a quality lifespan. Softee’s main quality is in the name and its thickness (substance) makes it ideal for our unlined shoes, making it one of Grasshoppers’ most successful leathers for years.
Suede is a high-quality form of leather, made from the underside of animal skin that has a soft surface and a napped finish. It’s characterized by a soft smooth surface with a comfortable feel as well as a decorative look. The look and feel of suede make it a highly-desired material.
A lovely soft aniline leather that has been treated with oils and waxes to give it an upmarket look and feel. Its been lightly milled to enhance the natural creases that you find in full-grain leather. Lined or unlined this leather offers pure comfort for the wearer.
LEATHER CARE TIPS
Here are some easy tips you can follow to ensure your shoes keep their ‘sole’.
Always inquire which leather your shoes are made of. Using the correct cleaning products and materials will bring your shoes back to life.
- Suede shoes stain easily and it will always need special attention.
- Allow the dirt to dry and then gently remove with a suede brush or a toothbrush.
- Make sure to get a suede brush that properly removes the debris and rejuvenates the material.
- Once you’re happy with the cleanliness, blot with a damp paper towel and allow to dry.
Casual Leather (Cabretta, Diesel, Sandiego, Terminator):
- Leather Shampoo can be used when you have dirt or debris on the shoe.
- Wipe the dirt away with a damp soft cloth and allow it to dry.
- Use leather conditioner to hydrate the leather and bring back the shine.
- Don’t treat with colored polish (it can be polished with a regular dry cloth instead).
Formal Leather (King Calf / Buffcalf / Cobbler / Emu and Glace Kid):
- Wipe with a damp soft cloth to remove dust and grime, and allow to dry.
- Apply colour-matched polish or leather cream. Alternatively, use neutral colour leather cream.
- Use a soft brush followed by buffing with a soft cloth for a new and improved sleek finish.
- Preferably use a microfiber cloth to remove any excess solution and/or dirt.
- A microfiber cloth helps to trap dirt and grime without scratching materials like leather or rubber. They’re also an effective product used for shining shoes.